There is a path to obtaining a divorce in Wyoming that does not involve the drama and stress that we often associate with divorce. Divorce is never easy, but some divorces can be relatively quick, less costly, and drama-free. Couples that are able to negotiate and cooperate to work through the process and the issues, may be able to pursue the path of an uncontested divorce. In what we categorize as an uncontested divorce, the couple agrees on all major issues in the divorce (i.e., property and debt division, as well as custody and visitation in cases with children) and simply want to move on with their lives. Even though uncontested, the divorce is still a lawsuit and must follow the basic process and rules of all divorces in Wyoming. For this reason, consulting an attorney is wise. Our attorneys will take the stress and burden away from having to try and navigate the divorce process on your own. We can also help with negotiations in instances where you and your spouse agree on 90% of the issues, but need help figuring our the remaining 10%. Our divorce attorneys will help you construct an order outlining the agreement you have with your separating spouse, and we will make sure your rights are adequately protected in that order. Finally, the law can be overwhelming to try and understand. Our divorce attorneys will help you understand the law governing assets, debts, custody, visitation, child support, and other areas relevant to your divorce. Our goal is that in helping you understand the law, even when cases are uncontested, you feel better about the outcome. Divorce is stressful enough, let Olsen Legal Group alleviate some of that stress and guide you through the uncontested divorce process.
Disclaimer: Wyoming Rule of Professional Conduct 7.3(b), requires a notification that this is an advertisement. The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any lawyer as a specialist or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer's credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisement or self proclaimed expertise.